for Speakers of Other Languages
LESOL brings English lessons to life with games, quizzes & talking characters. These characters can move freely on the computer screen and you can
This feature caters to different learning styles and is especially helpful for you to learn English.
- hear them talking and
- read their words inside a speech bubble.
If you like to try out Microsoft Agent, this light-hearted sample page will prompt the download of the necessary Microsoft Agent components. Enjoy yourself but don't forget to come back and subscribe for even more fun!
What you will learn and do inside LESOL:
Cost of subscription to LESOL:
- Increase your vocabulary with Mastermind, Wheel of Knowledge and Hangman
- Improve your spelling of CVC words, 4 and 5-letter words
- Read and listen to stories that teach moral values
- Interact with and listen to compositions read aloud to you
- Interact with comprehension worksheets
- Understand similes and idioms
- Learn English grammar through interactive quizzes
"... exceptions to the grammar rule, he (a child) will have to consciously learn.
That's the case linguists are making for the learning of English:
as a first language, it is acquired, picked up naturally;
as a second, or foreign, language, it has to be learnt - deliberately, explicitly and systematically."
"Grammar reclaims glory in English teaching" by Liaw Wy-Cin
The Straits Times, October 18 2006
- Subscription for each calendar year or part thereof is S$50 per household.
Please send payment together with your name and email address to the following mailing address.
"Virtual Teacher Aide"
Once your payment is received, we will send an installation CD with the necessary software programs needed to enjoy the site.
22 Kg Bahru Hill #04-11
- For educational uses in public and private schools, please call Alan Wong
at xxxx-xxxx or
firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo and pricing.
LESOL provides a multi-sensory approach to capture students' interest. It is also a convenient way for teachers to conduct IT-based English lessons.
Minimum System Requirements for LESOL:
- Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP
- 300 MHz Pentium II processor or faster
- 64MB RAM
- 50 MB free disk space
- Screen resolution of 800 x 600
- PowerPoint 2000 or XP
- Broadband connection ... (preferable)
- Internet Explorer 5 and above